WORKERS from big US businesses are set to stage an unprecedented strike Friday amid the coronavirus crisis, reports say.
The protest comes as:
- Instacart, Walmart, and Amazon announce nearly 1M jobs in March
- Amazon ramps up cleaning as virus spreads to 10 warehouses
- Workers in Michigan plan another walkout at the start of April
- Walmart starts temperature checks while Amazon builds testing lab
- More than 26 million Americans file for unemployment by April 28
- Amazon, Instacart, Whole Foods, Walmart, Target, and FedEx workers plan walkout
Union membe Day," said Daniel Steinbrook, a Whole Foods employee strike organizer.
The May 1 demonstration on International Workers Day comes amid claims, from Amazon staffers in particular, that big businesses are not being honest about the COVID infection rates.
Read Original Article at the-sun.com