- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in capsules. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes without capsules. Orders of 100 come in mint-issued monster boxes also without capsules.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of “United States of America”, “Liberty”, “In God We Trust” and “Quarter Dollar”.
- Reverse: Depicts the armory where abolitionist John Brown led a raid on the Harpers Ferry in 1859 in an attempt to secure arms and mobilize an abolitionist army deep into the heart of the Old Dominion.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint
Harpers Ferry National Historical Park is the third release in 2016 of the U.S. Mint’s popular America the Beautiful series. This coin commemorates the efforts of John Brown and his men capturing the fire house, now known as John Brown’s Fort at Harpers Ferry, West Virgina, in an effort to supply weapons for an army of abolitionists. These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value.
Other Names or Terminology for this Product