- Arrives in velvet, satin-lined presentation case with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Contains 1 troy oz of 22-karat gold.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Struck in brilliant proof.
- Features Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ iconic Liberty image.
- Miley Busiek’s family of nesting eagles on the reverse.
These uniquely packaged sets contain all four sizes of the Gold American Eagle coins in Proof condition.
Coins included in this set are 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz and each coin is made of 91.67% gold, 3% silver and 5.33% copper.
The American Gold Eagle continues to be the most popular gold commemorative coin minted in the United States as each coin serves as the official bullion coin of the United States, as well as a proof specimen of the official collectible gold coin of the nation.
The coin’s obverse features a rendition of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full length figure of Lady Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left, with the Capitol building in the left background, and the inscription reading “Liberty” as well as the year to the right of the graphic.
The coin’s reverse features a family of nesting eagles with the inscription reading “United States Of America – E Pluribus Unum – In God We Trust” along with the weight and US dollar value of the coin.
Other Names or Terminology for this Product