- Are Gold and Silver Recognized as Legal Tender? - Yes. Senate Bill 862 states that “gold and silver coins issued by the United States government are legal tender in the State of Oklahoma. No person may compel another person to tender or accept gold or silver coins that are issued by the United States government, except as agreed upon by contract.”
- Sales Tax Laws on Gold and Silver - Exempt from sales taxation are sales of gold, silver, platinum, palladium and other bullion, coins, bars, or legal tender of any nation sold based on its value as precious metal or as an investment.
- Is Capital Gains Tax Levied on Gold and Silver? - Yes.
- Do the State’s Laws Allow for a State Bullion Depository? - No.
- Does the State Hold Gold and Silver Reserves? - No.
- Does the State Hold Physical Gold and/or Silver in Government Pension Funds? - No.
Call GSI Exchange Oklahoma Operations at 1 (405) 331-6401 For All IRA or 401(k) Rollovers, CD's, Money-Market or Annuity Conversions to Physical Gold or Silver Coins or Bars
For Cash or Smaller Transactions Visit These Vetted-Local Gold and Silver Dealers in OK
If you are looking for gold and silver dealer or coin shops in specific cities located in state of Oklahoma be sure to check out our other local coin shop pages:
Flying Eagle Coin
9118 South Walker Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73139
Flying Eagle Coin, founded in 2006, is among the newest Oklahoma coin shops, but has already gained a reputation for high-quality coins and professional service. Flying Eagle is an NGC and PCGS authorized dealer, and specializes in rare and collectible coins.
Their inventory includes U.S. and foreign coins and currency, mint and proof sets, commemorative coins, gold and silver bullion, tokens and medals, and collecting supplies. They also offer gift certificates. Many of their items can be purchased online.
Oklahoma Silver Dollars
11201 N May, Suite A
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
While Oklahoma Silver Dollars does specialize in U.S. silver dollars, they also offer a complete array of U.S. and foreign coinage. Oklahoma Silver Dollars is particularly well-regarded for their selection of Morgan silver dollars, MS63 or higher-grade rare coins, and PCGS graded gold coins.
This dealer is well-known at regional coin shows, and offers want list fulfillment services and PCGS grading. They specialize in helping purchasers select rare coins for financial market purposes.
Tulsa Gold & Silver
6357 East 41st Street
Tulsa, OK 74135
Tulsa Gold & Silver specializes in precious metals. They buy and sell all forms of gold and silver, including coins, bullion, jewelry, and scrap. Tulsa Gold & Silver has the city’s largest numismatic showroom, and also carries coin collecting supplies.
They carry gold, silver, and platinum coins and bars such as the American Eagle, South African Krugerrand, Canadian Maple Leaf, 90% US silver coinage, platinum rounds, and silver in 1, 10, 100, and 1000 ounce bars.
Tulsa Coin and Stamp
306 W Will Rogers Blvd
Claremore, OK 74017
For nearly half a century, Tulsa Coin and Stamp has served Oklahoma coin collectors by buying and selling all types of coins and stamps. They offer appraisal services and specialize in rare or historic U.S. and foreign coins, rather than bullion.
1218 E 33rd St.
Tulsa, OK 74105
Founded in 1996, Carter Numismatics specializes in rare and historic coins, enabling collectors to hold history in their hands. A small selection of their featured coins can be found on eBay. Carter Numismatics is also an active participants in coin shows and auctions throughout the year.
Their goal is to provide high-grade, high-quality rare coins. They also buy single coins and collections from individuals.