- Are Gold and Silver Recognized as Legal Tender? - Yes. HB 317, passed in 2011, states that gold and silver issued by the federal government is legal tender in the state of Utah.
- Sales Tax Laws on Gold and Silver - Utah has a sales and use tax exemption for sales of ingot, bar, medallion or decorative coin whose contents are at least 50% gold, silver or platinum that is not legal tender of any nation.
- Is Capital Gains Tax Levied on Gold and Silver? - No.
- Do the State’s Laws Allow for a State Bullion Depository? - No.
- Does the State Hold Gold and Silver Reserves? - No.
- Does the State Hold Physical Gold and/or Silver in Government Pension Funds? - No.
Call GSI Exchange Utah Operations at 1 (801) 669-8612 For All IRA or 401(k) Rollovers, CD's, Money-Market or Annuity Conversions to Physical Gold or Silver Coins or Bars
For Cash or Smaller Transactions Visit These Vetted-Local Gold and Silver Dealers in UT
Olympus Gold and Rare Coins
PO Box 711783
Salt Lake City, UT 84171
Olympus Gold and Rare Coins carries gold and silver U.S. and world coins, along with rare coins and precious metal bullion. Their growing inventory is backed by an authenticity guarantee and 5-day return policy. An American Numismatic Association member, Olympus Gold and Rare Coins will work to track down elusive coins or help new investors learn more about coin collecting.
1172 State St
Orem, UT 84097
Founded in 1984, American Coin specializes in buying and selling U.S. coins, especially gold and silver coinage. Many of their coins, as well as a selection of fine jewelry, can be found on eBay. American Coin believes that every investor or collector should be able to make an informed decision, and works to educate buyers and sellers about their coins. They publish a price list online with buy prices for many gold and silver coins.
211 East 3900 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Monarch Coin specializes in gold and silver coinage, such as American Silver Eagles, 40% and 90% silver US coins, Krugerrands, Canadian Maples Leafs, and privately-minted silver bars. Current buy and sell prices and premiums for the most popular gold and silver bullion products can be found on their website. Monarch Coin does offer a discount for bulk purchases, beginning at 200 ounces of silver or 10 ounces of gold.
Legacy Rare Coins
4431 South Commerce Dr
Murray, UT 84107
Legacy Rare Coins specializes in high-grade modern and vintage coins. Their selection includes U.S. and world coins, along with bullion coins and bars, especially the American Eagle in gold and silver.
Legacy has a particularly wide selection of early U.S. coins and currency, as well as graded coins. Many of their coins can be purchased online. Legacy Rare Coins also buys all U.S. coins, bullion, and scrap gold.
Local Gold and Silver Mints in UT
Also browse the gold and silver mints local to Utah. Some of these mints offer retail products, while others are wholesale only.
222 W. Center St. #1543
Orem, UT 84059
Regency Mint produces gold, silver, and copper rounds and bars. Their products are eligible for precious metal IRAs. Also known as Quality Silver Bullion, this mint produces silver bars and rounds in various sizes from 1/10 ounce to 10 ounces, each .999 fine silver, with classic Liberty, Buffalo, and Morgan-inspired designs.