- Are Gold and Silver Recognized as Legal Tender? - No.
- Sales Tax Laws on Gold and Silver - Rule 12A-1.0371 of the Florida Administrative Code states that the sale of gold, silver, or platinum bullion (or any combination of thereof) in a single transaction is exempt when the total price exceeds $500.
- Is Capital Gains Tax Levied on Gold and Silver? - No, as Florida doesn’t impose any income tax or capital gains tax on its citizens.
- Do the State’s Laws Allow for a State Bullion Depository? - No.
- Does the State Hold Gold and Silver Reserves? - No.
- Does the State Hold Physical Gold and/or Silver in Government Pension Funds? - No.
Call GSI Exchange Florida Operations at 1 (904) 548-3669 For All IRA or 401(k) Rollovers, CD's, Money-Market or Annuity Conversions to Physical Gold or Silver Coins or Bars
For Cash or Smaller Transactions Visit These Vetted-Local Gold and Silver Dealers in FL
If you are looking for gold and silver dealer or coin shops in specific cities located in state of Florida be sure to check out our other local coin shop pages:
- Local coin shops in Jacksonville, FL
- Local coin shops in Miami, FL
- Local coin shops in Miami Gardens, FL
- Local coin shops in Tampa, FL
- Local coin shops in Hialeah, FL
- Local coin shops in Orlando, FL
- Local coin shops in St. Petersburg, FL
- Local coin shops in Tallahassee, FL
- Local coin shops in Cape Coral, FL
- Local coin shops in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Local coin shops in Pembroke Pines, FL
- Local coin shops in Port St. Lucie, FL
- Local coin shops in Hollywood, FL
- Local coin shops in Miramar, FL
- Local coin shops in Gainesville, FL
- Local coin shops in Clearwater, FL
- Local coin shops in Palm Bay, FL
- Local coin shops in Pompano Beach, FL
- Local coin shops in Lakeland, FL
- Local coin shops in West Palm Beach, FL
Precious Metals Advisory LLC
6034 Chester Ave, Suite 107B
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Rather than a traditional coin shop, Precious Metals Advisory specializes in assisting buyers who wish to purchase silver and gold bullion efficiently. Their mission is to help their customers grow their wealth through precious metals. They can help you open a precious metal IRA or source any type of gold and silver bullion you wish to add to your portfolio. Note that this precious metal dealer is open by appointment only.
Gables Coin & Stamp Shop
82 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134
This Coral Gables, Florida coin dealer has nearly half a century of experience selling all forms of paper currency and coinage. They also purchase gold, silver, coins, currency, stamps, and precious metal jewelry, and offer immediate price quotes for popular forms of gold and silver bullion.
They specialize in historic coins like medieval, ancient, and Spanish treasury coins. You will also find a solid selection of gold and silver coins here, as well as stamps and related collectibles. A small selection of their inventory can be purchased on their website or via eBay.
Orlando Coin Exchange
6301 South Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32809
Widely regarded to be one of Florida’s best coin dealers, this is a must-see destination for Florida coin collectors. They carry nearly every form of coin and currency imaginable, consistently selling at fair prices.
Orlando Coin Exchange offers free appraisals, and can help fulfill your want list if you’re searching for an elusive coin. Their website offers a complete list of the products they are currently purchasing. Trust Orlando Coin Exchange, one of the area’s premier coin shops, whether you are collecting rare coins or buying precious metals.
A-Coin and Stamp Gallery
6217 St. Augustine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Over 40 years, A-Coin has built relationships with coin collectors and dealers around the world. This network enables them to offer top dollar for individuals selling their coins and precious metals. A-Coin also deals in diamonds, jewelry, antique guns, and other collectibles. Shop here for an eclectic selection of rare coins and precious metal bullion. Their website offers an expansive list of the types of items they purchase. All items, including precious metal bullion, must be brought to their Jacksonville shop for a price quote.
Park Avenue Numismatics
2742 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33137
This Miami Beach coin dealer is considered to be one of Florida’s top destinations for rare and historical coins. Founded in 1988, the staff of Park Avenue regularly attends coin auctions and shows around the world, enabling them to offer an expansive inventory of rare, valuable coins. If you are new to numismatics, they will take the time to explain the finer nuances of a particular coin.
Every coin sold here is backed by a five-day money back return policy; Park Avenue also offers a layaway program. Their current inventory – which includes over 3,000 certified coins, as well as gold bullion – can be browsed online. While there are prices posted for many items, these are subject to change due to market fluctuations, and orders must be placed by phone rather than online. They publish daily deals, and their unique precious metal offerings include a gold IRA starter kit for those interested in gold as a retirement strategy.
Local Gold and Silver Mints in FL
Also browse the gold and silver mints local to Florida. Some of these mints offer retail products, while others are wholesale only.
4100 North Riverside Drive
Melbourne, FL 32937
Westminster Mint is both a retailer and a mint. Their website offers a large selection of silver and gold bullion products from both private and government mints, alongside their own gold and silver bullion products, which include rounds and bars. Founded in 2001, Westminster Mint also creates custom rounds using 99.9% pure gold or 99.9% pure silver in a variety of sizes.