- Are Gold and Silver Recognized as Legal Tender? - No.
- Sales Tax Laws on Gold and Silver - Since 2013, Texas does not impose sales tax on precious metals purchases of any amount. Prior to 2013, Section 151.336 allowed sales tax exemptions for precious metals purchases above $1,000 until House Bill 78 amended Section 151.336 of the Texas Tax Code to eliminate the price threshold limiting sales tax exemption for precious metals sales.
- Is Capital Gains Tax Levied on Gold and Silver? - No, as Texas does not impose an income tax on its citizens.
- Do the State’s Laws Allow for a State Bullion Depository? - House Bill 483, signed into law in 2015, allows for the state to establish a state bullion depository under the supervision of the state’s comptroller office. With the passing of HB 483, Texas became the first state in the nation to establish a state bullion depository.
- Does the State Hold Gold and Silver Reserves? - No.
- Does the State Hold Physical Gold and/or Silver in Government Pension Funds? - Yes. The Texas Teacher Retirement Fund and the University of Texas own nearly $1 billion in physical gold in addition to holding bonds, stocks, and other paper-based investments.
Call GSI Exchange Texas Operations at 1 (972) 362-9891 For All IRA or 401(k) Rollovers, CD's, Money-Market or Annuity Conversions to Physical Gold or Silver Coins or Bars
For Cash or Smaller Transactions Visit These Vetted-Local Gold and Silver Dealers in TX
If you are looking for gold and silver dealer or coin shops in specific cities located in state of Texas be sure to check out our other local coin shop pages:
- Local coin shops in Austin, TX
- Local coin shops in Dallas, TX
- Local coin shops in El Paso, TX
- Local coin shops in Houston, TX
- Local coin shops in San Antonio, TX
- Local coin shops in Fort Worth, TX
- Local coin shops in Arlington, TX
- Local coin shops in Corpus Christi, TX
- Local coin shops in Plano, TX
- Local coin shops in Garland, TX
- Local coin shops in Irving, TX
- Local coin shops in Laredo, TX
- Local coin shops in Lubbock, TX
- Local coin shops in Amarillo, TX
- Local coin shops in Brownsville, TX
- Local coin shops in Grand Prairie, TX
- Local coin shops in Pasadena, TX
- Local coin shops in Frisco, TX
- Local coin shops in Killeen, TX
- Local coin shops in McAllen, TX
- Local coin shops in McKinney, TX
- Local coin shops in Mesquite, TX
- Local coin shops in Waco, TX
- Local coin shops in Carrollton, TX
- Local coin shops in Midland, TX
- Local coin shops in Abilene, TX
- Local coin shops in Beaumont, TX
- Local coin shops in Odessa, TX
- Local coin shops in Richardson, TX
- Local coin shops in Round Rock, TX
- Local coin shops in Wichita Falls, TX
- Local coin shops in College Station, TX
- Local coin shops in Pearland, TX
- Local coin shops in Lewisville, TX
- Local coin shops in San Angelo, TX
- Local coin shops in Tyler, TX
2230 W Park Row Dr # C
Pantego, TX 76013
Arlington Coins carries a wide range of U.S. and foreign coins, gold and silver bullion, American Eagle bullion coins, paper currency, and coin collecting supplies. They cater to new and experienced collectors and precious metal investors alike. From basic starter coins to high-grade rare coins, from proof and mint sets to 90% silver US coinage, they stock a wide array of coins to suit any interest or investment goal.
Austin Rare Coins & Bullion
13809 Research Blvd #405
Austin, TX 78750
This Austin coin shop specializes in rare coins. Their selection includes pre-1933 gold coins and certified rare coins from the United States and around the world. They also buy and sell precious metal items, including coins and bullion. They are known as one of the country’s biggest silver dealers.
Austin Rare Coins & Bullion assists investors interested in a precious metals IRA, and also carries a wide selection of gold bullion coins like the American Eagle, American Buffalo, Austrian Philharmonic, and Canadian Maple Leaf. Their more unusual offerings include shipwreck coins, ancient coins, and platinum and palladium bullion.
Dallas Rare Coins
5211 Forrest Lane, Suite 101,
Dallas, TX 75244
Dallas Rare Coins, an ANA lifetime member, specializes in rare United States coinage. They buy individual coins and collections from investors around the U.S. Their impressive inventory includes mint and proof sets, high grade rare coins, and raw coins, in addition to foreign coins and precious metal jewelry. For more than three decades, Dallas Rare Coins has served new and experienced coin collectors alike from their Dallas storefront.
Fort Worth Coin Company, Inc.
5224 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Located in historical downtown Fort Worth, this coin shop has served Texas coin investors for more than three decades. They specialize in both rare U.S. coins and in bullion. A small selection of their coins can be purchased through their website.
Fort Worth Coin Company buys and sells gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. A PCGS authorized dealer, Fort Worth Coin Company has an on-staff numismatist to assist you with their selection of coins, bullion, and paper currency.
Lone Star Coins, LLP
2622 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78230
For over four decades, Lone Star Coins has served San Antonio coin collectors with a large selection of U.S., foreign, and ancient coins. Their selection includes proof and mint sets, rare graded coins, and paper currency. Lone Star Coins encourages children and new collectors, and also enjoys helping experienced collectors track down an elusive coin.
Lone Star buys and sells gold and silver bullion in any amount, and also purchases scrap gold and silver. A selection of their items can be purchased online. Their online quote line provides daily buy and sell prices for common gold and silver items, from American Silver Eagles to gold Krugerrands to 90% silver US coinage and 14K scrap gold.
Local Gold and Silver Mints in TX
Also browse the gold and silver mints local to Texas. Some of these mints offer retail products, while others are wholesale only.
PO Box 802425
Dallas, TX 75380
Mulligan Mint produces silver, gold, and copper rounds. They produce approximately 25,000 ounces per day. Founded in 2012, already Mulligan Mint (or M2) has set a standard for technologically superior manufacturing, and is known for rounds in brilliant proof-like or proof quality. They produce custom rounds, and also offer a selection of 1 and 5 ounce silver rounds and 1/10th ounce gold rounds with a variety of unusual themes.