- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.
The American Gold Eagle continues to be the most popular gold commemorative coin minted in the United States as each coin serves as the official bullion coin of the United States, as well as a proof specimen of the official collectible gold coin of the nation.
The coin’s obverse features a rendition of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full length figure of Lady Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left, with the Capitol building in the left background, and the inscription reading “Liberty” as well as the year to the right of the graphic.
The coin’s reverse features a family of nesting eagles with the inscription reading “United States Of America – E Pluribus Unum – In God We Trust – 1/2 oz. Fine Gold – 25 Dollars.”
Other Names or Terminology for this Product