- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in capsules. Multiples of 10 come in mint-issued tubes without capsules. Orders of 100 come in mint-issued monster boxes also without capsules.
- Eligible for GSI IRA Accounts
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
- Reverse: Features a young Theodore Roosevelt on horseback surveying the Little Missouri River. Inscriptions read “THEODORE ROOSEVELT,” “NORTH DAKOTA,” “2016” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- Guaranteed by the US Mint
Theodore Roosevelt is noted as the founder of the National Parks System and subsequently the founder of one of the greatest American ideas bestowed upon the world. The Theodore Roosevelt National Park, located in North Dakota, was established as a national site in 1946. Before he was president, Roosevelt ventured to the Dakota Territory to hunt bison in 1883. The experience shaped his views on land use and nature conservation, which led to one of the greatest of American ideas: the creation of protected areas as National Parks. During his presidency, the conservation of resources was not necessarily valued for their intrinsic, natural beauty, but it was here in the wilderness that Roosevelt built a ranch and became inspired to campaign toward the preservation of land as parks.
Other Names or Terminology for this Product