First introduced in 2017 as a premium BU coin to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand, the Silver Krugerrand is now offered as a Brilliant Uncirculated coin and has become popular with investors and collectors alike. The Silver Krugerrand has the same design as the Gold Krugerrand but does have a face value unlike the Gold. The design is the same as it was when the coin was introduced in 1967. It features the South African Republic's first president, Paul Kruger. On the reverse, a springbok, which is the national animal, and the date of minting appear. The springbok seems to be jumping into action, while President Kruger is a reminder of 19th century South African political and military affairs.
Silver South African Krugerrand 1 oz. Gem/BU(Year Varies)
- Contains 1 oz. of .999 fine silver.
- Comes in a protective plastic flip.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: Along with the year of minting and silver weight, the image of the national animal of South Africa, a springbok antelope.
- Minted by South African Mint.
19 in stock