Gerald Celente is an American trend forecaster, author, publisher of Trends Journal, and business consultant. His background reads like something you’d expect from a contemporary prophet. He appeared, sometimes regularly, as a guest on media outlets like The Glenn Beck Shoe, CNN, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Morning News, NBC Nightly News, The Alex Jones Show, Coast to Coast AM, and Russia Today.
Since 1993, Celente has been publishing predictions about terrorism, war, economic collapses, food riots, tax revolts, global anti-Americanism, immigration woes, and fascism in the US. A number of these predictions have come true; some still unfolding.
In 2007, Celente predicted the following year’s financial crisis, writing “Failing banks, busted brokerages, toppled corporate giants, bankrupt cities, states in default, foreign creditors cashing out of US securities … whatever the spark, the stage is set for panic in the streets.”
In 2009, Celente wrote “Wall Street controls our financial lives; the media manipulates our minds. These systems cannot be changed from within. There is no alternative. Without a revolution, these institutions will bankrupt the country, keep fighting failed wars, start new ones, and hold us in perpetual intellectual subjugation.” It’s hard for anyone with the slightest ounce of reason to disagree with most of these claims.
Whether you agree with him or not–as ultimately, nobody can predict the future with absolute certainty–what’s important is to observe the reasoning behind his predictions; to take note of the probable outcomes that are more likely to take place when reading the present, whether such outcomes materialize or not. It’s a form of risk management based not on a mere hunch but a calculated projection.
Here’s what Celente predicts will happen in 2018.
- President Trump will not be impeached: Celente sees the current Russia investigation as nothing more than a politically-motivated distraction from the real issues. He predicts that no evidence will be found connecting Russia to Trump, though he sees a strong connection between Russia and the Clintons.
“There’s not been one shred of evidence, period, paragraph, that Russia had anything to do with tapping into or hacking the DNC information and going into their computers. We don’t see Trump being impeached…Going back to the Uranium One deal… it is going to fall back on the Clintons. The hundreds of millions of dollars given to the Clinton Foundation by Russians as they did the uranium deal. Those are facts. We don’t see anything happening to Trump.”
- The economy will experience a slowdown potentially ending the Trump rally, as the negative effects of cheap money begins distributing itself across the entire spectrum of the economy: “Interest rates are going up. That’s the bet. Interest rates are going to go up another 25 basis points in December…So, we believe by the 2nd quarter of 2018, you are going to start to see a slowdown because the only thing that has pumped up the markets is the cheap money. . . .The fish rots from the head down, the markets are going to melt from the head down. The head being the very rich. The top 10% of the rich own 96% of the stock. . . . So, this thing rots down, and we are seeing it now on research. It’s going to fall from the top.”
- The US Dollar’s fall from grace will begin to accelerate as the Petroyuan rises: As oil is traded for gold-backed petroyuan, the global de-dollarization trend may continue to strengthen, severely weakening not only the dollar, but US influence over the global economy.
“China is not using petro-dollars. They are buying Russian oil, their biggest supplier, with yuan. You can cash in the yuan for gold. It’s the same with Iran and with Saudi Arabia. This is another reason that China is going to go further. You can start bringing your dollars to Walmart in a wheelbarrow because that’s what they will be worth. . . . What kept the dollar alive as the world reserve currency is that all the oil being traded is being bought in dollars. If you are paying for oil in other currencies . . . the Federal Reserve can’t keep printing up all the money that they want. They won’t have it out there as a reserve currency.”
- As a result, the dollar’s value will fall and gold will soar as inflation spirals out of control:
“You will see inflation skyrocket in this country, and gold will hit like a Bitcoin high. We believe it’s starting to happen.”
- Trump will reset the conditions of NAFTA, making the trade agreement more favorable to US interests:
“The renegotiation of NAFTA will be a big positive for Republicans and a big selling point for them in the 2018 Mid-term Elections. Right now, NAFTA only helps multinational companies. When it’s renegotiated, it will help American citizens.”
Overall, the predictions can be considered more or less positive. But it depends on which side of the “sound money” line you occupy. That the dollar is on its way down is not a crystal ball-type prophecy. For nations like China and Russia that find themselves burdened by the yoke of dollar hegemony, de-dollarization is nothing short of an imperative.
Should Celente’s prediction come to fruition, the economic slowdown resulting from rampant inflation may be an unavoidable consequence of both easy money policies and Petroyuan emergence. But this doesn’t have to spell disaster for your own financial assets and well-being. Those who buy gold and buy silver will find themselves hedged against this looming economic catastrophe.
To view the entire video of Gerald Celente’s predictions, click here.